Monday, June 15, 2009

Sustainablly Blue...




There's not a day that goes by when I don't think of how lucky I am to be living in this amazing place we call home.  Raising my children , so close to the beautiful beaches and wetlands has been a dream come true for me.

I do have to say that in recent years, that dream has gotten a little fogged by the huge increase in the polluting of these spectacular resources.  When I take long walks on the beach, I can't help but be sickened by the trash that careless people simply leave or the nasty globs of oil that dot the waterline.

As a true environmentalist, I'm always thinking about how I (with a capital I) can make a difference.  Today I feel like I really have...

Blue Springs Home  just became a friend of Defend The Bay.  This is a non-profit dedicated to the preservation of our, already impaired Upper Newport/Back Bay.  The group successfully fought the dumping of toxic waste waters into the bay by The Irvine Ranch Water District.

They have a great track record in the on-going battle against the polluting of this beautiful coastal wetland and I'm thrilled and proud to be apart of that effort.

www.defendthebay.org has all sorts of programs for those who want to help, from a simple donation to group trash clean up events.  I highly encourage you to take part and help make a difference.