Friday, November 6, 2009

Twigs, Sprigs and Tumbleweeds...


The other day I was driving to work and saw this perfectly shaped tumbleweed on the side of the road... I don't why, but this little tumbleweed just kind of spoke to me. Anyway, I pulled over, picked it up and put it in the back of the car. It looks really great in the old galvanized tin.

Last year we drove to the Grand Canyon about this time of the year, and on the way back, I had to stop and fill the car with all the creosote bushes I could find! They smelled a little funny, but they made the most gorgeous arrangements in the store.

I don't believe in spending a lot of money on cut flowers when you can just go into your own backyard and find the most wonderful things in nature such as fallen leaves and twigs. And don't forget to look for those tumbleweeds along side the road. We don't really have to spend a bunch of money on cut flowers or orchids, when you can just put your imagination to work. I feel good about that little tumbleweed.

Actually it kind of inspired me to do more of this in the store. I'll post some more photos soon.